- Read detailed submission guidelines on MISQ website.
- Prepare electronic version of cover letter. This is required and includes nominations for senior editor, associate editor, and reviewers; also suggest appropriate category, such as “Research Articles,” “Issues and Opinions,” etc. For information on how to make nominations, see Editor and Reviewer Nominations by Authors. A sample cover letter/e-mail is also provided here. Note in the cover letter if the manuscript has been presented at a conference or published in conference proceedings or as a working paper. Verify that your manuscript has not been published by nor is under review at another journal or as a book or book chapter.
- Prepare electronic version of manuscript in Word or WordPerfect for PC. Use the Times Roman font for the body of the paper; use Arial (or Helvitica) in figures and tables. Note: If paper is accepted, graphics (usually figures) must be in PowerPoint (preferred) or GIF format, using the Arial (or Helvitica) font.
- Double space the body of your manuscript.
- Include an abstract.
- Include keywords.
- Ensure that references are complete, match text, and follow MISQ format.
- Check all electronic documents for viruses.
- Revisions (All Subsequent)
- Prepare electronic version detailing your responses to reviewer/editor comments in Word or WordPerfect for PC.
- For manuscript, follow initial submission guidelines above.
- Prepare electronic version of author biographies in Word or WordPerfect.
- Check that the manuscript contains a cover sheet with all author names, affiliation, full address, and e-mail.
- Be sure that your manuscript contains an abstract and keywords.
- Include a page with acknowledgements and author biographies. If you have acknowledgments, they must be added at this stage.
- Obtain permission in writing to reprint any copyrighted material from another source. Obtaining permission, including any fees, is the sole responsibility of the author(s). A copy of the reprint permission must be provided to the MIS Quarterly office. Frequently material that authors identify as being an adaptation really needs reprint permission. If you have any questions, contact MISQ at email@example.com. You may be asked to provide a copy of the original material.
- All authors must sign a transfer of copyright before paper can be published. See the copyright section on MISQ.org for further information. You will be provided with a copyright transfer form with the page proofs (galleys).
- Upload submissions at the MISQ ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Please contact Jennifer Syverson, the review administrator, with any questions:
- E-mail: Please contact the review coordinator, Jennifer Syverson, at firstname.lastname@example.org with general submission questions. However, if you have a question regarding a specific manuscript that has been submitted using ScholarOne Manuscripts, please log into ScholarOne Manuscripts and submit your questions from within the system so that we can capture all communications pertaining to specific manuscripts. To send correspondence on a specific manuscript, go to your author center in ScholarOne Manuscripts and locate your manuscript through the My Manuscripts links. There is an e-mail link for both the review coordinator and the senior editor in the status column for each manuscript. Please use those links for all correspondence regarding your manuscript so that all communications between you and the editors and staff at MISQ can be captured by the system. You can register on MISQ‘s ScholarOne Manuscripts website even if you have not previously submitted a paper or reviewed a paper at MISQ.
- Phone: (612) 624-2029
- Fax: (612) 626-5185